Each year we recognize Bible Drillers at the 3, 6, and 9 year milestones of participating at the Regional Level of Bible Drill. By the time students complete their 9th year of Bible Drill, in addition to learning Bible Skills, they have memorized 359 verses plus learned where 30 Key Passages of Scripture are located. At our State Drill this year, we asked two 9-year drillers (Will Bowick, FBC Monroe and Mary Carol Kletcke, FBC Cochran) to share what Bible Drill meant to them and/or how it helped them grow spiritually and their favorite Bible Drill verse.
These High School Students shared the following comments with us:
- It’s a great way to learn scripture and have fun.
- I just wanted to keep doing it (Bible Drill) over and over again.
- These scriptures will stick with me the rest of my life.
- I am going to miss it.
As I thought over their comments about their 9-year discipleship journey through Bible Drill, I asked myself, how many of us could view our last 9 years the same way?
- Are we learning scripture?
- Are we enjoying our time with God’s word (having fun)?
- Do we want to go back to God’s word over and over?
- Are we abiding in God’s word in such a way that His Word is with us throughout our lives?
- Do we miss it when we are not spending time in His Word?
What does Bible Drill mean to you? To your church as part of a discipleship journey?