With the beginning of a new year, it’s a perfect time to plan a Bible Drill Fun Day for your group this month. Here are 3 creative ideas you can use for your group.
- Sign up for Alabama’s virtual Children’s Bible Drill retreat! You can host it at your church with your kids. There will be easy YouTube videos with sessions on: Learning the Books of the Bible, Learning Bible Verses (two sessions), Key Passages, Books of the Bible Procedures, and two worship times. A Bible Drill Retreat Box will also be provided that will include games and activity supplies, worksheets, craft supplies, and instructions on how to have a successful virtual retreat. Each box will contain supplies for up to ten participants. The cost is $25.00. The sessions will be available beginning January 29th. For more information and to register, visit: https://kidzlinkal.org/bible-drill-retreat/.
- Plan a winter-themed event at your church or a leader’s home. Include Bible Drill review games to go with the theme and serve chili, hot chocolate, and s’mores! A few game ideas:
- Put the verse in order using plastic ice cubes https://www.amazon.com/Urban-Essentials-Reusable-Ice-Cubes/dp/B07QLNVY89/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAudD_BRBXEiwAudakX1IJRWZuuG3y4CXUQlqZvRSYGm0KDQ1omIg1O0yf_rRrXms7fke79xoCwDwQAvD_BwE&hvadid=409996838158&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9011095&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16558068248477157631&hvtargid=kwd-1058784182&hydadcr=15253_11427336&keywords=plastic+ice+cubes&qid=1609865516&sr=8-6&tag=googhydr-20
- Have a snowball fight! Print out the words to the verses you will be reviewing (or the books of the Bible), crumble into balls and have a snowball fight. After the snowball fight, straighten out the pieces of paper and put the verse or books in order!
- Have a relay race to put a verse in order. Instead of running, have them take off their shoes and use their socks to “skate” on the floor. (If on carpet, use pieces of paper to skate under each foot to “skate.”)
- Outdoor party – adapt your winter party to the outdoors if you want/need a more social-distanced option. Add in a bon-fire (Of course practice safety and take turns to allow for the social distancing.). Use TV trays or card tables to set up stations outside that the drillers can rotate between. Keep hand sanitizer nearby so that they can use after each station. Ask kids to bring their own camping chair and serve chili, hot chocolate, and s’mores, tailgate style!
- Bonus idea: If you have some drillers that are quarantining or your church is only meeting virtually right now, do a porch drop-off. In your bag include a packet of hot chocolate, a few marshmallows, a s’mores packet with a winter-themed verse activity. Use one of the above ideas or create your own. Give drillers a phone call during the week to see how they are doing and if they have reviewed the verse.
What are some creative ideas you use with your Bible Drill group during the winter months to keep them engaged or to add some extra practice time?