Due to Covid-19, Children’s Bible Drillers will participate in a State Drill at their local church with guidelines/materials provided by Georgia Baptist Bible Drill and Speakers, Inc. Churches have through July 31st to conduct the State Drill at their church and to submit the names, scores, and 3rd year Bible Drill award recipients to us. (This deadline will be extended if needed.)
- Children’s Drillers qualify at the Church Level by one of these options*:
- Qualifying in a Church Drill conducted under normal circumstances before Covid-19 impacted church schedules.
- Qualifying in a rescheduled drill if time and circumstances allow. We realize that this will may not be an option for many churches.
- Qualifying in a small Church Drill (limited to 10 or less). These drills may have to be scheduled on different days and only drill 3-5 at a time with no family in the audience because of the need for judges/and caller. Option: Limit drillers to 3-4 per drill and livestream a church drill.
- Qualifying in a Church Drill using technology.
- Children’s Drillers qualify at the Associational Level by one of these options:
- Qualifying in an Associational Drill under normal circumstances before Covid-19 impacted schedules.
- Qualifying in a rescheduled Associational Drill if time and circumstances allow. We realize that this may not be an option for some associations.
- Qualifying by applying Associational standards to the church drill. Any children’s drillers who scored 16 at the church level may advance to the State Drill.
- Qualifying by participating in a second drill at your church. (It is recommended to limit attendance as described above with Church Drills) This drill is designated as an Associational Drill, using different “calls” and applying the Associational standards to advance.
- Register qualifying Children’s Bible Drillers online and designate the date you will conduct the “State Drill” at your local church. Use this link:
- Once you have registered the names of your children’s drillers, click the link to pay your registration fees.
- You will receive a copy of the Regional Call sheet by email, 24-48 hours before the date of your Church Drill. (Important: If you have not paid your registration fees, you will not receive the call sheet.) This call sheet is to only be viewed by the caller, Bible Drill leader, and judges. It cannot be used for a practice drill.
- Conduct the State Drill at your local church.
- Schedule a date
- Enlist a caller, timer, and 3 judges
- Use the call sheet provided by Georgia Baptist Bible Drill and Speakers Inc.
- Email our office the results of the drill using this form
- State Drill certificates and awards will be mailed to the church.
- Set a time to present Children’s Bible Drillers with their certificates and 3-year awards.
*If a church is unable to have a Church Drill using one of these options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.