I hope your Bible Drill year is off to a great start!
Even though, it’s fall, it’s not too early to begin planning for your drills next Spring. Here are four tips to assist you.
(1) Mark your calendar for the 2020 Regional and State Drills. These can be located on your state website usually on the Bible Drill page and/or events page. The 2020 Regional/State dates and locations for Georgia are:
(2) Contact your association for the date and location of the Associational Drill and mark your calendar. If you are responsible for planning the Associational Drill, set your drill date 1-2 weeks before the date of the Regional/State Drill that churches in your association will attend. This will allow the churches to time to register for Regional/State Drills (if this is required in your state.)
(3) Schedule your church drill 1-2 weeks before your associational drill. Make sure to check with your church office/leadership team when scheduling the church drill in order to avoid any church scheduling conflicts. This is a great time to fill out any facility paperwork your church may have.
(4) Communicate the drill dates with your church families via e-mail, text updates, flyer, announcements, etc. Encourage parents to mark the dates on their calendars now and make plans to be at the drills. Make each date a big deal by celebrating before or after the drill with refreshments, ice cream, Chick-fil-a meal, or your own special traditions.
(5) Make sure you don’t miss any Bible Drill updates. Follow our blog by entering your e-mail on the right toolbar. This will ensure you receive the latest Bible Drill updates by e-mail as soon as blog articles are posted. While you are on our website, make sure to check out the extra tabs with additional Bible Drill information.