10 Tips for A New Year in Bible Drill
- Plan a fun kick-off event to get kids and students excited about Bible Drill. Include some fun Bible Skill games as well as an overview/introduction of Bible Drill. Door prizes and food are always a big hit. Consider including parents (for Children’s Bible Drill).
- Determine when and where you will meet. Be creative and flexible. You can meet on Wednesday or Sunday nights at church, Thursday afternoon in a homeschool group, or with a group of friends during the week at your house!
- Choose your translation (ESV, KJV, or CSB) if you are beginning your first year of Bible Drill.
- Communicate with Parents – Connect with parents on a regular basis sharing the current verse you are learning and other Bible Drill information using social media, texting, email, mail, flyers, etc.
- Download Bible Drill materials including Bible Drill cards in the translation of your choice from our website: https://bibledrillandspeakers.com our Children’s Leader Guide, our handout on how to have a winning year in Bible Drill, and our NEW Children’s Bible Drill scoresheet. We also have similar administrative resources on our Youth and High School pages.
- Create a Bible Drill calendar or checklist for the school year. List out all the dates related to Bible Drill: Bible Drill kick-off/parent meeting, dates you will have class, dates you will take a break (due to holidays, fall festival, etc.), Christmas party, special practices/activities, and which verse(s) you will be teaching each night. We’ve created a checklist for each age group that you can fill in your dates Children, Youth, and High School.
- Order Children’s Bible Drill Resources from https://www.lifeway.com/en/product-family/bible-skills-drills-thrills or contact Georgia Baptist Bible Drill and Speakers, Inc (email@example.com) for Youth Bible Drill Resources.
- Utilize new ideas and resources this year in teaching Bible Drill: (1) Consider providing a Bible Drill drawstring backpack for your drillers to use in Bible Drill this year. You can order ones imprinted or add a special backpack tag for your drillers. (2) Create some new learning games and activities using ideas from our blog and/or Pinterest page.
- Keep connected with Georgia Baptist Bible Drill and Speakers, Inc and other Bible Drill leaders by subscribing to our website/blog and/or by joining our Facebook group. By entering your email on our website, it will allow you to receive our latest Bible Drill updates by email. Joining our Facebook group is a great way to connect with other Bible Drill leaders in the state.
- Make plans to be a part our our National Bible Drill webinars. Currently four are scheduled for this year. These webinars will feature different Bible Drill leaders from around the country. Our first one will be August 25th at 12:30 pm and will feature Maria Brannen (Georgia) and Belinda Stroud (Alabama). More information about the August webinar will be released soon.
I hope you have a fun year as you help kids and students develop a love for God’s Word and to memorize scripture! We’d love to hear what you have planned for your year in Bible Drill!
Photo by Eddy Oliver.